Call for applications: 2nd MENA Responsible Science Institute
Designed for participants from Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco and Yemen, this week-long course aims to strengthen the network of faculty in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region who can apply active learning pedagogical techniques to teach about responsible science and research with dual use potential.
- Applicants must be faculty/university staff, who have been working and living in Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco or Yemen who should apply in teams of 2-3 preferably from the same academic/research institution.
- Applicants must stay for the entire institute from 7 to 13 May 2014.
- Applicants must agree to use one or more of the instructional materials developed at the Institute in their teaching, preferably in the fall semester 2014.
- It is expected that one member/team will participate in the follow-up evaluation meeting during the academic year 2015.
Deadline for applications: 20 February 2014.
For further information: email@example.com
Background documents from previous MENA Educational Institute for Responsible Science:
- Developing Capacities for Teaching Responsible Science in the MENA Region: Refashioning Scientific Dialogue (in English and Arabic)
- Developing Capacities for Teaching Responsible Science in the MENA Region: Refashioning Scientific Dialogue