BIOVISION.Next 2015: Apply now
The BIOVISION World Life Sciences Forum engages renowned scientists, CEOs, policy makers and NGO leaders in debates on global issues involving the latest advances in Life Sciences and their impact on society. For its 10th edition, BIOVISION will address the theme of “Global health through customized approaches: access for all?”. For more details, please visit www.biovision.org.
BIOVISION.Next is a fellowship programme that allows young scientists to attend the Forum and meet in a privileged manner with high-level speakers. While TWAS will provide partial travel support for selected young scientists to attend this high-profile event, BIOVISION will offer accommodation in Lyon for the duration of the event.
Who can apply?
- Young scientists under 35 years of age at the time of application
- Candidates holding a PhD or working as young researchers in Life Sciences
- Project holders or representatives of a Seed Stage Startup. Projects/startups’ selection criteria include: key milestone reached within 2 years, societal benefit, innovation level (scientific and technologic), team structure, existing or potential collaborations, overall quality of the application
Candidates with the following skills will be encouraged:
- Strong interest in dialogue between Science/Society
- Communication skills, capacity to network and disseminate information, fluent English.
- Women scientists
How to Apply?
- Get in contact with your TWAS Regional Office (http://twas.org/network/regional-offices; depending on the area you are located in and from which you will depart at the time of BIOVISION)
- Please fill in the Google Form on line https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1W5NqCw5tbJC7Pgn4K8Mr4iQeLxtcDtJD1KpvipPrJvU/viewform?usp=send_form
- Deadline for applications is 21 February 2015.
Successful applicants will also have the opportunity to be eligible for a presentation pitch of their project/startup within the frame of BIOVISION Catalyzer (http://www.biovision.org/catalyzer.php).